What You Need to Know About Protecting Your Drains
Posted by Brody Funk on
Many inexperienced homeowners may not realize that there are things they do every day that are damaging their drains and piping system in their homes. Unfortunately, it’s hard to tell that there is even a problem until it’s too late and you’re already experiencing issues with your drains. Click here to find out more about the issues that can arise from not cleaning your drains properly, and how pipe maintenance is an important part of a healthy home.
Common issues you might experience if your drains aren’t properly cared for include:
- Slow drainage
- Water gurgling back up out of the drain
- Strange sounds
- Foul odours
And in severe cases, burst pipes, flooding, and even sewage back up, which can all lead to costly repairs.
What You Can Do
Regular cleaning is an essential way to prevent damage to your pipes. We are proud of our great plumbing service options, consistent plumbing rates, service guarantees, and incredible coupons and deals, including our $93 Drain Cleaning Special – the best deal for drain cleaning that you will find on Victoria Island. This great price is backed up by the special condition that if we can’t clear a clog or backup in your drain pipes by our cabling method, we will not charge you the $93 fee (note that some conditions apply).
Getting your drains professionally cleaned every two to three years is just the first step. There are also some things you can do as a home owner to prevent clogs and potential damage from happening in the first place:
- Never dump grease down your drains; instead, store and/or dispose of it in the trash.
- Dispose of coffee grinds into your compost or garbage, not the sink.
- Use drain covers in your kitchen to catch any waste that should be disposed of instead of going down your drain and potentially causing clogs.
- Also, use a drain cover in your bathtub to catch hair and soap scum that can be disposed of instead of clogging up your drains.
- Avoid using drain cleaners as they are dangerous and can cause corrosion and damage to your pipes.
- Be aware of what you flush down your toilet – only flush sewage and toilet paper, and keep in mind that “flushable wipes” are not actually a thing.
The unfortunate truth is that many people are not considerate enough of what goes down their drains, which can lead to a number of issues with their pipes down the road. It’s also unfortunate that a number of products are misleading when it comes to maintaining your drains.
As already mentioned, “flushable” wipes don’t actually exist – despite it saying so on their packaging. The reality is that while they are indeed flushable (as in, they can be flushed down a toilet), these wipes do not actually disintegrate and can potentially clog your drainage and sewer pipes.
Also, although chemical drain cleaners can get the job done, if used too often they can corrode your drains and pipes, leading to potential leaks and bursts. Overall, chemical drain cleaners are dangerous to your home’s plumbing systems, you and your family, and the environment. Their corrosive nature means that drain cleaners are harmful to your skin and incredibly dangerous to ingest. Knowing what they can do to you, just imagine the effect they can have on your local water supply and wildlife.
Instead, consider using a solution made up of vinegar, baking soda, and water, which is much safer and ultimately more effective.
Your Drain Cleaning Specialist
When you need your drains cleaned, seek out The Super Plumber. We have been serving the island from Victoria to Nanaimo for a number of years now and we have established a strong reputation for being a reliable and quality plumbing service. We’re all about going above and beyond your standard, run-of-the-mill customer service, and our clients have come to expect the best from us.
We are all about offering convenience to our customers with flexible hours from 8 am to 6 pm, Monday to Saturday. These flexible hours are offered at regular rates and are available no matter where you are located on Victoria Island.
Need an emergency plumber right away? We also offer 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, emergency plumbing services. Just give us a call and you will speak to a representative who can arrange to have one of our plumbers come out to meet you as soon as possible.
We also offer an on-time guarantee as well as a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason our plumber is late, we will credit you up to $100 off ($5 for every minute, up to a maximum of $100). And if at any time you are unhappy with our services, we will redo the repair for free.
Everything we do as a company is founded on our foundational values:
- The Super Mission: We will be Vancouver Island’s most convenient plumbing service experience.
- The Super Vision: We will maintain transparency by offering up-front rates and options for our clients. We will also offer our clients convenience with flexible options for appointments during the day, evening, and weekends, all at regular rates.
- The Super Guiding Principles: We will be On-Time, Honest, Transparent, Convenient, Organized, Educated, Available, Dependable, Happy, Fair, Flexible, Appreciative and work with Integrity.
- The Super Guarantee: We will show up on time and the job will be done right. The client will know the price before we start and never pay a dime more than the quoted price. They also have a 100% satisfaction guarantee that ensures that they are satisfied with the work we’ve done.
With these values and guiding principles, we have established ourselves as the number one plumber in Victoria BC with satisfied customers all across the Island. So before you get stuck with nasty drainage problems, be sure to give us a call and arrange a 93$ Drain Cleaning Special. By getting your pipes regularly cleaned you can ensure their health and the overall health of your home.